miércoles, 27 de julio de 2022

#208 A Knock in the Door (James Tate)

 

(via)

A KNOCK IN THE DOOR

They ask me if I've ever thought 

about the end of the world, 

and I say, "Come in, come in, 

let me give you some lunch, for God's sake." 

After a few bites it's the afterlife 

they want to talk about. "Ouch," I say, 

"did you see that grape leaf skeletonizer?" 

Then they're talking about redemption 

and the chosen few sitting right by His side. 

"Doing what?" I ask. "Just sitting?" 

I am surrounded by burned up zombies. 

"Let's have some lemon chiffon pie 

I bought yesterday at the 3 Dog Bakery." 

But they want to talk about my soul. 

I'm getting drowsy and see butterflies 

everywhere. "Would you gentlemen 

like to take a nap, I know I would." 

They stand and back away from me, 

out the door, walking toward my neighbors, 

a black cloud over their heads 

and they see nothing without end.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario