jueves, 29 de septiembre de 2022

#272 Step on his head (James Laughlin)

(via)

STEP ON HIS HEAD

Let's step on daddy's head shout

the children my dear children as

we walk in the country on a sunny


summer day my shadow bobs dark on

the road as we walk and they jump

on its head and my love of them


fills me all full of soft feelings

now I duck with my head so they'll

miss when they jump they screech


with delight and I moan oh you're

hurting you're hurting me stop

they jump all the harder and love


fills the whole road but I see it run

on through the years and I know

how some day they must jump when


it won't be this shadow but really

my head (as I stepped on my own

father's head) it will hurt really


hurt and I wonder if then I will

have love enough will I have love

enough when it's not just a game?


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario